Friday, January 27, 2012

Life and Golf


Many things have been written about golf. Good and bad. But the most memorable quotes I remember is that -

a. Golf mirrors life.
b. Your best shot is the next.
c. Golfers are eternal optimist!

So why another blog on golf. Several reasons:
1. I have been coaxed to play during a long holiday early part this year.
2. I need a 'light' exercise to shed off the 2011 festive binge.
3. I reckoned it best to rekindle old friendships -and meet new ones - thru this game.

True enough, after series of driving range visits, 2 9-holes, we decided to go for the 18 hole private course in the neighboring country.

But before that decision was made, I have to spend $$ on several items just to 'keep up with the times'. Consider this:

1. New driver : $149
2. New cap : $ 25
3. 3 Shirts : $ 75
4. 1 shorts : $ 25
5. Balls : $ 20
6. Towel : $ 25
7. 2 shoes : $153

To top it off, my family had to do an overnight stay over the CNY holiday while playing a round.

1. 2x9holes : $ 92
2. 1x18 hole : $ 61
3. Hotel+meal : $211

Experience? PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment